Monday, January 23, 2012

Use What I've Got #4-RIbbon Organization

It's time for another "Use What I've Got Challenge"



I've GOT these pants hangers...had them for years....
I have tried to use them for hanging pants....but they leave creases on the pants...yuck!
I tried using them to hang scarves....but that didn't work.....
I tried hanging my belts on them...that didn't work for me either!
I probably should have thrown them away....but I didn't....

 Now.... I know why I kept them....
Wait 'til you see this awesome solution for organizing ribbon!

My ribbon stash was always a BIG mess....


Whenever I needed to find the perfect ribbon for a gift or a project, I found myself digging through the box....
Making an even bigger mess....







Then I remembered that I had pinned this idea from the "Creating Keepsakes Blog"
The entire post is just filled with great organizing tips!
Hurrah!
I could "Use the pants hangers that I've Got"
and.....
I could "Use one of the ideas on my Pinterest Board"


This is what my ribbon stash looks like now!
The only thing in the storage box are the short pieces that aren't on ribbon reels!

No More Messes Now....
So...whenever I need to, I can.....
“Just put a bow on it and call it wrapped.”

If YOU don't "GOT" any of this type of pant hanger....
It would probably work with a single pants hanger too!

I've GOT lots of these....and now an excuse to gather some more ribbon!


No Crease Pants Hangers



And as for pants hangers that don't leave creases....take a look at this old post.....

I am loving how well these work....in fact I think I need to make some more....because I've GOT lots of pants!







Let me know what are you are "using up" this week?

Link Parties

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great idea. I have all my ribbon wrapped and stored in a see-through plastic box but this would be so much more convenient..unwind and go! GREAT use of an old object and fun! xo Diana

Sweetwater Style said...

Oooh...I just realized that this is actually Use What You've Got #5...go me!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Great use of something you already had. That's one of my plans for this year.

Kathleen said...

I use mine like that for placemats and small tablecloths.
I had a bunch of dowels that I had used for curtain rods on the porch. I was going to throw them out when we rebuilt, but I use them for ribbon, just hang them on cup hooks.
I love being able to reuse!
Your crease free hanger is great!

CraftyCupcake13 said...

WOW! This is exactly what i need to organize my ribbon!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this awesome tutorial! I will try this out! Saw you over at Type A link up! I'm your newest follower!!

xoxo,
Lilli
Onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Can you believe I just sent one of these to the goodwill, today???? I'm now a follower!

Anonymous said...

That looks very nice! It will be so much easier to use, as well. Nice blog, by the way :)

The Artful Diva said...

An excellent idea for organizing your ribbons - simple, easy, brilliant!

Katherines Corner said...

I love re-purposing things. Well done!Hugs! Thank you for your bloggy friendship and participation at Katherines Corner xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...