Saturday, February 11, 2012

Use What I've Got #8-Winter Skin

The weather on Sweetwater has taken a turn to COLD-BELOW ZERO COLD!
That also means DRY!

 Which means my skin feels like this........
  • cracked
  • dry
  • itchy
  • pasty white
If it is true that "beauty is only skin deep"
then I am in real trouble!

Oh, I have read all the magazine articles that tell me that I should be glad to have dry skin so I won't get blemishes and my makeup will stay put....
Hogwash....
Dry skin means you get wrinkles and your makeup settles into the cracks....tee hee!

If you  have dry skin, you are probably like me and are drawn to the lotion aisle in any store you go into.
This brings me to "Use What I've Got #8!
I spent 20 minutes digging through the cupboards and drawers in the bathrooms.
This is what I found!
Maybe if I actually used all these lotions and creams that I have purchased or received as gifts....my skin wouldn't be so dry!
Well....DUH!
And....
I found some stuff that I love that had somehow gotten hidden away and forgotten!
There is some really good stuff here....


Years ago...when my daughter's "pay for college" job was in a fancy spa, she introduced me to "Repachage" creme.  It is amazing stuff with sea kelp....we bought a giant bottle...spent an obscene amount of money on it....but it works!  

 

Pretty much anything with sea kelp works on my skin...I always watch for soap based with sea kelp at Home Goods and lo and behold....when I searched the cupboards....there were three bars waiting to be used.




I got this amazing creme as a gift....Lollia Creme infused with grapefruit and bee balm honey....
It smells almost good enough to eat!

It is a real treat!









This Miracle Foot Repair stuff is something I get at Target....it is only $5!

If it works on my feet...and it does....it will work for anyone!

When I remember to use it...my hard little hooves actually feel a bit like twinkle toes...ha!







This jar of coconut oil was in the kitchen cupboard....but I have a jar of it next to the bathtub and one next to the kitchen sink....

It is one of the main ingredients in my homemade bath soak!



Once the winter starts....I  have pasty white skin....not luminescent pearly skin....but pale washed out skin....glow in the dark white skin!



This stuff....Xen-Tan is the nicest self tanner.
It doesn't have that yucky smell and the color has olive undertones.  
Maybe I am fooling myself...but I think it looks pretty darn natural.
And face it...30 bucks is way cheaper than a trip to Hawaii!


There you have it....the stuff I have that I need to use so I can stop complaining about my dry skin!

What are your favorite go to products for combating dry skin?
I need to know...because when these are used up...I need to buy more stuff!

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I need to try some of these. I am like you, I have an assortment of all kinds of things. I just need to remember to use them. Hugs, Marty

Grammy Goodwill said...

I know what you mean about using what you have. My feet are always so dry. I FINALLY got the smart idea to put lotion on my feet every time I get out of the shower. I had been too cheap - frugal - to use the good lotion, but I had all those hotel samples. I'm using them up. Thanks for the reminder.

NanaDiana said...

You know, don't laugh but I have discovered that Olive Oil works beautifully on my VERY dry skin. I use it at night as a make up remover and then use a warm wet cloth to wipe it off. It removes my makeup and leaves me with soft feeling hydrated skin. I also like the Eucerin products which are fragrance free and do a good job for me. xo Diana

The Quilt Ladies said...

Your counter looks like mine. I tried the foot on my arms. I worked ! I'll never tell.

I'm free of the abuse said...

I like this post a lot. I finally went through and had to get rid of stuff in my bathroom because of age or other scary factors when it comes to beauty products! lol I like the olive oil or coconut oil ideas. I <3 Crunchy Betty, you should check her out! Thanks for the visit to 75% Hippie!
Susan
http://75percenthippie.blogspot.com
http://happyhippieheart.blogspot.com

momto8 said...

this looks like a great product..i have winer skin all year!!
i am your newest GFC and link follower..pls follow back if you can.

Simply Tasheena said...

Great post! I would love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I started using Vitamin E oil about 12 years ago on my face. My neighbor who was 83 at the time told me she used only Vitamin E oil all her life and she looked a good 20 years younger than her age. After moving to a very dry climate I started using it on my hands, arms and legs. It works great and it is cheap.
Traci

Six Sisters said...

Thanks for your ideas. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you back next Saturday with more fun ideas! -The Sisters

Unknown said...

I have found the easier and best item to use is baby oil. Yes, just plain old baby oil. I keep it in the shower and before I dry off, I apply it to my wet skin. I do use other lotions after but in the winter especially, I found that baby oil helps sooo much:) I found your blog on the linky blog hop and am now following you and would love it if you checked out my little blog:)
My Turn (for us)

http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. gout treatment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...