Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Easy Fabric Wall Art!

By now you know that I love the fabric store!

Whenever I shop....I find these wonderful hunks of fabric that just seem to find their way to "Sweetwater"!

Here is a fun and inexpensive way that I have found to use the fabric on the walls!


I had a big old frame with no glass that was sitting in the basement.  I wrapped this great floral print around it and stapled it to the frame!
A good blogger would have a whole tutorial about how to do this....but seriously...you don't need one...just stretch and staple!!!
In fact you could probably use your glue gun if you wanted to!

 "Just do it!"

Instant Wall Art for a big wall in the dining room!

The dark colors are great in the fall and winter....but I wanted to brighten up the feel of the room for the summer.....

Soooo.....I looked through the piles of fabric for something summery....no luck!
Then....
AHA! I could follow through with my "Use What I've Got Challenge" 
BECAUSE.... I found this table cloth that I made last summer....it was the PERFECT print!

Sooo...even though it wasn't quite big enough with the hem....so I took that out...ironed it flat...
....stretched it right over the wintery fabric and stapled it on!

Now look!
Bright and Cheerful and Much More of a Summer Look!

It took about 30 minutes....and cost NADA!


 So get yourself to the fabric store....or shop your own fabric stash...tee hee!
Wouldn't these fabrics make a great statement?


HMMMMMMMM!

I just came across this marvelous post from Diane over at In My Own Style ! 
She uses Vinyl Tablecloths and foam insulation to make outdoor art! I think this is absolutely brilliant!   I guess great minds think alike....you really should hop over and check out Diane's wonderful blog!



And be sure to scroll down through the post below and enter to win the "My Memories Software Suite" (contest closes on Sunday!)!

Linky Parties 
Sew Chatty   Sugar and Dots  Sew Much Ado   Pin Cushion Creations The Trendy Treehouse Saved By Love  
Happy Hour Projects  Craftionary Julies Jewels Feathered Nest Friday Chicken Scratch Stuff and Nonsense 
The Answer is Chocolate   Family Ever After  Cherished Treasures Homemaker In Heels 
Saturday SHowcase   SUmo's SweetStuff Cure For The Common Monday You Are Talking too Much
Freckled Laundry   

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great idea, Mary. Very cute...love that summer fabric- xo Diana

Earning-My-Cape said...

What an awesome idea!!!
I'd like to invite you to link this (and any other projects/recipes) up with my Super Link Party!
http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/05/super-link-party-3.html

I hope to see you there! :-)
~Susie~

Elise Engh said...

Great idea! I love the patterns you used.

bailey said...

hi i found you through fun friday blog hop and am now following you, i hope you can follow me back at baysbooks.blogspot.com thanks

Donna Wilkes said...

Super Woman with Super Clever Ideas! She fights flaws and flubs with fabrics! Sorry about the terrible puns - it's getting late, but I did want to show my awe of your fabric cover-ups!

Distressed Donna Down Home

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

haha, I'm laughing because I DID make a tutorial for this! But I used spray glue, and a duck. http://www.chickenscratchny.com/2012/01/cavnas-baby-decor.html

I love the print you used, thanks for sharing at What's Cluckin!

Susanne said...

Great inspiration - cheap yet substantial impact. Thanks!

Shawn said...

Hi! New follower here. Love the fabric wall art. I did the exact same thing to three canvas frames to make a bare entry wall pretty. So easy and makes a big impact for well under $20. I used the last bit of extra fabric for curtain ties. It looks great!

Unknown said...

Great idea and easy too. New follower. Have a great weekend.
http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love the outdoor wall art! That would probably cost so much to buy, but it is so cheap to make. I am stopping by from the weekend blog walk. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim. Thanks for sharing.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Great ideas. I wander through the fabric section and look at all the gorgeous patterns and lament my lack of sewing skills. Now I have an excuse to buy some!

Mikki said...

I just pinned this!

Thanks for joining Flock Together this week!

Alecia @ ChickenScratch NY said...

You had the top viewed link this week! I hope you stop by tomorrow to link up and pick up your button!

Canvas Dezign said...

Very useful idea for making easy fabric wall art, the pictures you have added here looking beautiful, very nice keep it up.


Astonishing Design Canvas Art Online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...