Maybe we will hit a record 100 degrees today!
Mr. S......crazy man....he couldn't possibly let a "little" heat keep him from riding on the
Tour d'amico, an event sponsored by a well known Minneapolis area restaurant. "We'll just take our time and ride slowly!!!"
Yeah...smart...so then they are out in the heat even longer....hmmmm!
The route takes them right by Sweetwater....so they stopped in and filled the water bottles and had a snack.
There is the reward of the buffet lunch at the end....and I know there will be lots of the famous D'Amico Chicken Cherry Pasta....
Ha Ha...I don't have to ride a bike 45 miles to get some of that....
I have the recipe and can make my OWN! I plan to make this in the next few days...it is so delicious!
Here is the recipe from Tastebook that is the inspiration....and here is Chicken Cherry Pasta Sweetwater Style:
- 2 cups real mayo (light works fine)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 2 T water
- pepper and salt
- 1 box pasta cooked (I use rotini or large pasta shells)
- The meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup dried cherries (they are cheap at CostCo
- 3 green onions with tops chopped
This salad can be made ahead and keeps 3-4 days....that is if I can keep Mr. S. out of it!
- Combine sugar and vinegar. Add everything else and whisk together. Pour over salad ingredients.
After Mr. S. recovers from the ride...we will head to Waconia for a cookout and the Fireworks over the lake!
Should be fun....and I wish you the same!