Friday, October 19, 2012

Rah Rah Rah for Maroon and Gold!

 Fall is time for the Maroon and Gold !


The inexpensive Mums from Home Depot!

 The bronze colored Spider Mums that seem to bloom forever....
and last a long time in arrangements in the house!

 And a few plants with tinges of bronze and maroon

But that is not the only reason I love Maroon and Gold!

 I am an unabashed University of Minnesota Sports Fan!!!
Maroon and Gold....
Goldie Gopher....
and Rah Rah Rah for Ski-U-Mah!

I have the prerequisite Gopher Sweatshirts....3 of them in fact!
My casual parka is dark maroon....so I look right in style when we go to games!

BUT...
wait 'til you see what the Sweetwater son-in-law found for me on his vintage thrifting trips!

He is my hero!!!...He thrifts better than anyone I know
Better yet....he shares!!!



This vintage all wool sweater looks like it dates from the 1950's!
It is in perfect shape....it is probably meant to be worn by a man with the bottom bloused...
I plan to wear it with leggings....pulled down long!


I found this 100% Silk U of M scarf at Goodwill for $1.99...
Since it came from the University of Minnesota Foundation...it probably cost a fortune!
It looks great with my camel blazer!
and now maybe tucked into my new sweater!!!



The Sweetwater Son-In-Law also scored this vintage wool blanket with the requisite M!
We have it in Mr. S's den along with this great pillow that was a gift last Christmas!

It will be great to curl up with when I watch all those games on TV...
And....for the few times we go to the games....it is big enough for 2 people to stay warm!

I guess I am all ready to cheer on the team...win or lose!

Go Gophers!!!





Once a cheerleader always a cheerleader!!

Link Parties
Nifty Thrifty Sunday WTFab  

2 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Love that vintage sweater...and Big 10 football :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW WOW WOW! That vintage sweater is awesome! GO TEAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...