Thursday, September 4, 2014

Use What You Have: Fall Mantle

It is Back to School time....BUT not for ME!
For the first time in....count them....58 years....I am not sitting in school!
Wow...does that feel odd...GOOD...but odd!


It is time to say goodbye to the nautical themed family room mantle decor at Sweetwater!


I don't think I shared this in a post...but the look is one that we have enjoyed this summer!



All of the elements are packed away in a box for next year.







I am all about NOT spending money on these displays...



So enter the Sweetwater "Use What You Have" theory of decorating!




The off white candles in the hurricane lanterns got switched to gold and pumpkin.
A little nod to "back to school" with the ceramic vase filled with greens is a nice touch!


This wreath has been hanging on a door all summer!
The colors blend well with the other elements.

The wicker tray and wooden plate (both Goodwill finds) balance the two sides of the mantle.


Three vine orbs and a ceramic pomegranate (more Good Will finds) add some interest.


This antique pitcher was inherited from Mr. S's Grandma.  I love using it.




It is filled with artificial sunflowers and the cattails I preserved last fall.

I think this fall inspired mantle looks pretty nice for no new investment of any money!











I challenge you to wander around your house and see if you can find some things so that you too can:



Have A Wonderful Day!

1 comment:

Val @ Love My DIY Home said...

I'm all about not spending money! I also like to find cheap-o ugly no-body wants type of trash and make it a treasure with some DIYing. There's no reason to go out and buy brand new stuff when you can make your own. I'm not a tree hugger, but I am all about using what you have or what someone else throws out or gives away. Come connect with me at my place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...