Here is the great question I pondered as I wrote this post title.
Is it Valentine or Valentine's???
I think it is properly Valentine's.....but that sounded silly....so I went with Valentine!
All you grammarians out there need to weigh in on this and help me out!
In any case, Valentine's Day is only 10 days away.
Somehow, in our empty nest, all out red, pink and purple hearts and streamers seem a bit much!
I have been adding a few touches of the season.
- The chalkboard easel (a thrift store find) has a simple message.
- The grocery store bouquet got the addition of some greenery spikes from the dollar store. (hard to tell they are artificial!!)
- A little punched tin heart is tied to the handles of the little french flower bucket (from Good Will of course) The shape of these containers is a favorite of mine.
This is the vignette in the front hall. I was on the way out the front door to put the willow heart outside when I had a HMMMM moment. I propped the wreath at an angle in front of the mirror.
- The two lanterns have a subtle look with flameless candles that are set to light in the evening. I especially love the "lovebird" perched on the top.
- The stack of books is a simple trick. Good Will books with the covers removed and tied with a burlap knot.
When I scored this small grapevine wreath at the thrift store....I knew it would be a perfect minimalist addition to the copper collection over the kitchen desk.
The sunny exposure in the living room is perfect for coaxing these orchids back to blooming. The silver tray protects the wooden desktop and the little silver containers bring the look together. I found these little red heart ornaments at IKEA years ago. The bring just the nicest small nod to the holiday.
Good looking artificial stuff is something that I always look for at thrift stores.
These cherries have fooled more than one person looking for a tasty treat!
I simply added them to the Baker's rack in the kitchen for a spot of subtle red!
I still want to do something on the big chalkboard.....maybe replica vintage flash cards...
or...maybe I will keep it simple with something like this.
Did you notice the gorgeous stock photo at the top of the post?
And this one....well
if you hop over to Rekita Nicole's Website and sign up....she will send you free downloads!
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on freebies!
Oh to be able to make pretty pictures like this....sigh!
Share it one more tie=me