|My Dad and me a very long time ago!|
|Like Father, Like Son!|
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor
|A trip to New York....see the Twin Towers...!|
Now about those power tools. Manicured nails or not, I have my own power tools and know how to use them! Getting over the fear of using power tools has made such a difference with my projects. If you don't have any-start asking for them for gifts-way cooler than some sweater that won't fit and that you could find cheaper at GoodWill!
Here is a list of tools that I use....and a slideshow of some of my favorite projects that I used them on.
- Power Sander- Easy to use and such a time saver. I have used it to sand down the window sills, refinish any number of pieces of furniture..the list is endless.
- Battery Powered Drill/Screw Gun- No explanation necessary
- Sewing Machine - yes I consider this a power tool
Beyond the Essentials BUT Great to Have!
- Router-Sounds scary but it is not (other than having to wear those horribly ugly safety glasses-NOW that is SCARY). Investing in this tool and the table to use it on has been great. John and have spent some lovely "bonding time" using this together!
- Combo Nailer/Stapler with Compressor-I don't know how I ever did projects with just the electric staple gun! It is great for upholstery or woodworking projects. My daughter borrows it all the time (hmmmm....maybe I won't buy her a sweater for her next birthday).
- Miter Saw-to be honest, I let my husband operate this one...not that I couldn't do it, but hey he has to do something. Seriously, my goal is to master this so that I can make frames.