Thursday, January 26, 2012

Library Chairs-Update and Funny Story

The tally on the Media Center Chairs 
12 done.....
7 to go.....

I LOVE the way the finished chairs look....
I HATE that there are 7 to go....

One of the things about Sweetwater Style that you might not know....I sometimes lose my focus on jobs that go on and on and on.....
Case in point....the lower level woodwork painting that I started in June....I still have 2 windows and 2 baseboards to finish....
But since finishing these chairs is sort of public....I WILL finish!
But now for the FUNNY story!
Last weekend, I really buckled down and finished 3 chairs....
That meant that in order to get them to school I would have to drive the "BAT"...(big a** truck)!
I HATE to drive the BAT!
Soooo...
I convinced Mr. S. to help me take them in to school on Sunday afternoon!
That way we could take the remaining unfinished chairs home.....all in one trip....
SMART!
So that is just what we did!
EXCEPT!
Turns out that we almost got arrested!
I found out that even though my key card allows me entry to the school on Sunday....
If you go into the building on Sunday.....
It sets off the ALARM....
Which calls the police!

But the stealthy team of Mr. and Mrs. Sweetwater were so speedy... 
Bringing good looking updated furniture IN...
and
Taking ugly outdated furniture OUT....
That we were GONE before the cops could catch us!

BUT....they caught it ALL on surveillance....which gave my principal and the custodians a good laugh!

Maybe we can star in a new series.....Undercover Recoverers!
Anyway....here is a shot of the new chairs in my office!
My goal this weekend?
  • finish 3 more chairs 
  • Try to avoid arrest 
What lofty goal do YOU have!

8 comments:

Paulette said...

The chairs look wonderful, and this post is a hoot. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- You are clever! Good thing you don't have the keys to a bank! Good luck with your chair recovery and your new reality show!;>) xo Diana

Kathleen said...

Lol, you got away without getting the chair!
Good luck with the rest of the chairs.
Kathleen

Unknown said...

omg...I don't know if that was a commentary on how fast you unloaded those chairs, or how slow your police department response was!!!! lol

I have a friend, whose son and a few friends climbed up onto the roof of the local elementary school (behind her house) a few years back. When they got up there, they noticed a cool hatch. They opened it. (yep, it wasn't locked) and thought, "Wow, cool adventure." ....well...you know where this is going and they didn't 'get away" before the cops got there either. Wow....what a terrible situation, born out of complete innocence. Glad you didn't stick around for the handcuffing!!!!!! lmao

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What an adventure but the chairs were well worth it!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your cute story at Potpourri Friday!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again at this weeks party!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

This post was really funny, I can so relate to you, if a project takes too long I always lose focus. Like short, cute ones better. It so funny you almost got arrested, or should I rephrase that. The chairs are looking good, so glad you only have 3 left. Thank hubs for helping! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...