Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just a Nod to Valentine's Day

There sure is a lot of Valentine Decor in blogland....

I look at the cute ideas.....
I like the cute ideas.....
Sometimes I pin the cute ideas for a pinterest board....

But I know I am probably not going to make any of the cute ideas....
Now that our nest is empty, we pretty much don't do  Valentines Day on Sweetwater!

BUT....in the spirit of "Use what I've Got 2012"...
AND....since the mantle and the kitchen baker's rack needed a little face lift....


I decided to challenge myself to pay small homage to "Cupid" with these two areas.
AND.....not buy anything new!


Mantle Before.....
 Mantle after....
 I am not thrilled with it....but it will work for the next 2 weeks or so.

Here is the Baker's rack!
Bottom line.....I walked around the house looking for "stuff" that sort of had a Valentine's look......plopped it all together and called it "Decor"!


Next week at school, we will be overwhelmed with Valentine's Day activities....

and....
a couple of favorite read a loud books



My Map Book by Sara Fanelli

This is a great book about the concept of mapping....but there is one page in the book showing "The Map of MY Heart!"

Now wouldn't that make a great kid valentine?










The Bookshop Dog by Cynthia Rylant
 When Sweet Martha's owner needs someone to watch her pet while she is in the hospital, the seeds of "love" are sown!  Kid's love to groan at the "kissing" but it is all in great fun!








Library Lil by Suzanne Williams

A strong female protagonist....a library.....some motorcycle gang members....turned into another "Love Story".

A fun read!









Have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday!


14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Mary- It looks great and very Valentinish to me! Nice job on the mantle and the baker's rack. I always like your book reviews! Happy Sunday- xo Diana

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

You did a great job with stuff on hand!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I think your mantel and Baker's Rack look real pretty. Anything with red will give a good Valentine look. Sometimes I feel by the time I get it decorated it time to take it down. Story of my life. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay

Alison Agnew said...

just wanted to let you know
that i'm now following you
via Linky Followers!

alison

Paulette said...

Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. I hope you have a chance to visit my blog and perhaps follow me on Linky Followers.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh, i love your valentine's day decorations. so pretty. i love pinterest as well. so many ideas. i'm a new linky follower, would you please follow me as well. have a great night. (:

Michelle said...

I am now following you on linky followers. I would love it if you followed me back. I always enjoy meeting new bloggers.

Unknown said...

Happy to find your blog through the Linky Blog Hop! I'm a new Linky Follower! Hope you will come visit me at http://www.eccentricleopard.com/ if you have a free moment. Thanks!

Barb said...

Mary, absolutely darling. I love, love the bakers rack. Too cute!

Barb ♥

Amanda said...

Looks lovely! I too have just used bits and pieces from around the house, the scandi hearts I made for Christmas work just as well for Valentines!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely Valentine decor at Potpourri Friday!

Holly Lefevre said...

I think it looks lovely (I only put out 2 things this year! I may get kicked out of blogland!) I am so intrigued by My Map Book. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
I just found a link to your blog this morning, and have enjoyed the read! I am intrigued by your book recommendations since I have a ginormous number of grand and great grand girls to buy for. We always give books, so I am thankful for your recommendations. I will be looking for the ones mentioned to see if they fit our age groups.
Many thanks and please feel free to "tell me more".
Jaybird
jbmusik at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
I just found a link to your blog this morning, and have enjoyed the read! I am intrigued by your book recommendations since I have a ginormous number of grand and great grand girls to buy for. We always give books, so I am thankful for your recommendations. I will be looking for the ones mentioned to see if they fit our age groups.
Many thanks and please feel free to "tell me more".
Jaybird
jbmusik at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...