Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scents and Cents-a-bility!



Coco Chanel once said

 "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."



 Wouldn't you have loved knowing this amazing woman?





What is it about perfume?
Every magazine is filled with ads and samples enticing you to buy yet another expensive bottle of the best smelling magical potion!

Oh sooo tempting and Oh soo expensive!
We "girlie girls" need a way to satisfy our perfume addictions on a budget.

Alas....perfume is NOT something you can get at Goodwill....EWWWWW!

SO


I use these great knock-off "impressions" of my favorite fragrances....
I get them at Walgreens....they are only $11.99...and they really smell like the "real deal"....
No....
The REAL Deal is that right now you can get TWO for $11.99!






This CKOne knockoff is great....


The fresh lightness of the scent is great on hot summer days!




 I have always loved Estee Lauder scents....
This is a little sweet...but I like it!
 The "impression" version of White Linen is pretty wonderful too!

My favorite Estee Lauder perfume is "Private Collection".

Maybe someday I will find a knock-off version....hmmm

In the meantime...that is the perfume I buy when Estee Lauder has their makeup gift deals.






I have never used Clinique Happy....but maybe I should get some....


If the perfume advertisers are right...it is sure to make me happy...tee hee!





This knock off  is so spot on, that when I wear it, some one always says....
"Oh, I LOVE Light Blue"

It is another light and fresh scent perfect for summer...

and at this price, I don't have to be stingy when I spray!!!!









I have to admit that there are a couple of favorite perfumes that I actually pay "almost" full price for....but I CAN because I use the knock offs for variety!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE....L'instant De Guerlain....
and Origins "Ginger Essence" is spicy and light!  


And after doing an exhaustive search to find a single note carnation perfume....SUCCESS!

There is a little shop in New Orleans...Hove Parfumeur LTD where they sell it...only $37.00.
You can order by phone...darn....I wanted an excuse to go there.

The kids at school absolutely love the way this spicy carnation perfume smells.!!!

I always like the comments...way better than "eww what's that smell!!?"

So I would love to hear what YOUR favorite perfume is....
Do YOU have a "cents-able" way to satisfy YOUR Scents-abilities?

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I wear Happy in the summer and Tuscany per Dona in the winter. I have a new summer love though- it is a splurge- Beach by Bobbi Brown. LOVE it! xo Diana

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Looks like I need to get some perfume. I typically don't wear any but after this post and Coco Chanel's quote, I'll have to change my ways :)

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Glad I stumbled upon your blog. Following you through Mom's Monday Mingle! Please come by and follow back when you get the chance! Have a great weekend! x

Anonymous said...

I have lots of purfumes but I don't have one favourite. For a fruity smell I like viva la juicy and I love dior addict which has a vanilla scent. I've found some really good knock offs at purfume sales :)

Veralynn said...

Stopping by from the Favorite Product Fridays link-up! It's awesome that you're thrifty! If you have a moment, I'd love it if you'd stop by my "This Week the Trend" link-up on my blog!

Veralynn
joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

Pamela R said...

My favourite scent is Chloe but I can't find a knock off for it and it's $80, le sigh. One day I'll be able to afford wearing perfume again! That is awesome you were able to find some lovely knock offs of your favorites!

Petro said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for linking up to Loving the weekend hop on my blog.
Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs

Katherines Corner said...

Beautiful by Estee Lauder and Cashmere by Donna Karen are tied for my favorite scents.Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop, your bloggy friendship and participation is always appreciated xo

Unknown said...

I love all things Chanel - especially Coco quotes and perfume.

Found you on the Mingle Blog Hop. I am your latest follower and hoping you will stop by my blog and follow back.
One Chic Mom
http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

andrea@townandprairie said...

HAPPY is a BEAUTIFUL fragrance! My bestie wore it on her wedding day!

Cassie said...

Looooove perfume! I found you on the mom's mingle and am so happy to be your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

Nicole said...

Love that Chanel quote :) Stopping by from the Monday Mingle Hop! Newest follower via GFC! I'd love a follow back :)

Tito Eric said...

Chanel has been mom's favorite perfume.

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

LOVE perfume -- but allergies mean I can only wear vanilla based scents. So glad because otherwise I would "have no future"! lol Happy to know about the knockoffs though -- great for gift baskets. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...