Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day....It's Really About the Chocolate!


I have to admit that I haven't done much decorating for Valentine's Day....

In fact....I haven't done too much decorating PERIOD!

Work has been super hectic....seriously....

I think there were 1000 kids and adults visiting/using the Media Center on Friday!!!l

Then....I am on the committee planning and putting together tonight's staff party. 

AND...we had our week of "secret friend" gifting too.....

Yikes! No wonder I haven't had time to do much at Sweetwater....


The baker's rack in the kitchen is about the only spot with Valentine Cheer!


It isn't much.....but it is a little bright spot paying homage to the holiday!
Oh and thanks Mr. S. for the flowers....they add a nice touch!

I thought about doing some other things....even went out to pinterest looking for some ideas!
I probably won't get around to doing any of these cute things, but thought YOU might!

I can't read Japanese....but this tutorial for making a heart garland with fleece was easy enough to follow....

http://www.duitang.com/people/mblog/17103792/detail/

I might actually find time to make this.....and the candle might keep me from eating the candy!
 
http://livingonloveandcents.com/2013/01/30/easy-and-inexpensive-diy-valentine-decorations/
http://www.amandajanebrown.com/

Yeah...for sure I could do this....and the bow makes it even cuter....don't you think?

Sarah over at Alderberry Hill is sharing these great chalkboard ideas.....her blog is becoming one of my favorites!

http://www.alderberryhill.com/5-valentine-chalkboard-printables/

Maybe I will erase the "OH BRRRR" and do something for my chalkboard! 
That wouldn't take too long!

Are you wondering when this post is going to get to the part about CHOCOLATE?

I love Hot Fudge Sauce!
You know...the kind that sort of slides down the ice cream...
and settles in a yummy pool at the bottom of the dish!


This is the recipe for THAT HOT FUDGE!

Only Three Ingredients
Directions
  • 1/2 cup of butter softened
  • 1 cup  chocolate chips
  • 1 can(14 oz)of Sweetened Condensed Milk
Get out a medium sized saucepan.
Melt the butter over medium heat.
Stir in the chocolate chips,
Add the Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Stir until everything comes together....it will take a couple of minutes.
You know it is done when it gets smooth and silky looking.

This can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time.
I do have to warn you....
you might just find yourself sneaking spoonfuls of this yummy concoction with no ice cream....just by the spoonful!  Not that I would ever do something as uncouth as that....I'm just sayin' it might happen to you!

If you are that room mother who is planning the Valentine Party for your child's classroom...make a triple batch of this....buy some ice cream and your treat will be a sure fire winner!

If you are wondering why there are no pictures of this recipe being made in the Sweetwater Kitchen....well....I have this on my TODO list too....but now that I have written about it....off to the store for the ingredients....this post made my mouth water!


Have a great day! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You had me at hot chocolate sauce!!!
Have to make some now - and it's miserable out and I don't have condensed milk in the house - what a disaster!!! lol
Thanks for sharing -
XXX

Lulu said...

If you've done anything for Valentine's you are ahead of me. I have nothing that fits that day! Love hot fudge sauce but have never made it with condensed milk. That certainly simplifies.

Countrified Hicks said...

This looks so cute and delicious. I just had a link up go live and would love for you to come and join us.
http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-2.html

Maureen Wyatt said...

I want this right now! Thank heavens I don't have the milk on hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...