Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Pillow-Computer Print on Fabric

There is something so classically spooky about the Edgar Allan Poe poem "The Raven"


This great image which has the script of the poem and a properly witchy raven just had to become a pillow.

  • I printed out the image on fabric (see the tutorial link below)
  • I used some black ribbon for trim around the print
  • I made the pillow out of burlap
  • I added a big black bow






I used the  freezer paper, fabric, ink-jet printer method that is detailed here by the "Graphic Fairy".

It is really simple.....
  1. just cut a piece of fabric exactly the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and iron it to a piece of freezer paper.  
  2. I fold over the edge of the freezer paper to make a clean edge to go in the printer.
  3. Then just print whatever image you want on your ink jet printer!
  4. Peel the fabric from the freezer paper....and go to town!

I messed up when I printed the first time....see how the bird is cut off a bit on the side?

I had this black tote bag with an ugly advertising image on it.....with the same ribbon trim....the "less than perfect" raven print became....the perfect little birthday gift for a literature loving friend!

Have A Great Day!

Linky Parties
Coastal Charm  DYI Dreamer  Lambert's Lately    Blogstalker  

2 comments:

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

Absolutely amazing...this is printed off of a computer? So beautiful! This would be great to link to Create It Thursday #23…it's live now! Hope to see you there!

Vanessa said...

Mary,
Which way did you insert the fabric and freezer paper? The freezer paper up and iron to the fabric? I forget this part. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...