Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Simple No Fuss Outdoor Tablecloth

The table on our deck has a glass top.
The shape and size of the table is great.
The metal edge matches the other furniture.
BUT....



I obsess over all the water spots and other outdoor "schmutz" that gets on the glass!

I really do not want to have to wipe the table down every time we go out to use it.....

And just looking at it....is annoying!






I want some sort of "semi-permanent" covering on the table.
It needs to be weather resistant and sturdy.


I found some table cloth ideas out there:

I found a mitered fitted cover at Smashed Peas and Carrots, 

http://smashedpeasandcarrots.com/the-perfect-fit-tablecloth-tutorial/

 There is an elasticized tablecloth on Amazon....heck...I suppose I could even make one of these....

I made this one a few years ago.  It has weights sewn in the hem to keep it in place.
Read about it here:  http://sweetwaterstyle.blogspot.com/2016/07/almost-no-sew-outdoor-box-cushion-and.html


I still have this...but the decor on the deck has changed.
I headed to the fabric store to find an sunbrella fabric to make another just like it...

AND THEN...I came across something called Ballistic fabric.  It looks like the stuff that outdoor chairs have for seats.
I got mine at a fabric outlet store for 9.99 a yard.  Here are some specifics and a source if you are interested.


The plastic woven fabric is the perfect solution.  It just needed to be cut to size.  By cutting it exactly to fit into the metal frame,  the fabric almost looks like it has been "glued" down.









The raw edge doesn't look too bad, but I decided to use the built in embroidery stitch on my sewing machine to add a little "fancy".



This simple solution makes a nice alternative to constantly wiping away water spots.
The ballistic cloth can be scrubbed with a brush and hosed off when it does get dirty.


Soooo....Simple!

Have A Great Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...