Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thrifty Personalized Baby Shower Gift

I am going to a baby shower today!
It should be fun!
2nd Baby for this darling family!

Mom-to-be didn't want a shower OR presents!
Her friends ignored her....threw her a shower..
That poses a dilemma...
Mom-to-be doesn't want gifts....
BUT
You can't go to a shower without a gift!
Here is my Sweetwater Style Solution!

Personalized Baby Note Cards!


The baby already has a name...go figure!
When we had our first....we took so long picking the name that the hospital told us they would KEEP her if we didn't pick a name!
I know the color scheme in the baby's room...orange and tones of brown and beige...

AHA!  This project will fit with my "Use What I've Got Challenge 2012"!

  • I've got my trusty Cricut!
  • I've got that great software that you can't buy anymore (Sure Cuts A Lot)
  • I've got paper in all those colors
  • I've got tons of envelopes
  • I've got ZOTS!
  • I've got a cute little gift box from the Axe Man
  • I've got a few minutes to put it all together!


 I started by designing the layout for the cricut using the Sure Cuts A Lot template!



I found the little ducks on the Internet and copied them

Don't hate me for having the SCAL...but it is just the coolest thing to be able to design any layout without buying a cartridge!



I cut 4 each of 4 different colors.


I trimmed the 6 x 12 sheet to 6 x 9 ....folded-it is a perfect 6 x 4 1/2 note card

Cute Huh!?

Then I had all those cute little ducks...
The $.25 gift bag from Axe Man had advertising that needed covering up!

http://www.amazon.com/Zots-Lots-Dots-Clear-Adhesive/dp/B004W8TJI0
Enter the ZOTS...



These little adhesive dots make quick work of attaching stuff to paper...Or in this case plastic!




I just stuck the ducks in a row to cover up the advertising!
Then I made a little gift tag with the 3 x 6 piece I needed to trim off of the cards.

Put the notecards in the gift bag...
Tied on a ribbon....
Stuck on the gift tag....


Not too bad....for a use what I've Got Project!

All those little ducks marching in a row make me think of the classic picture book,
Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

If this mom-to-be had wanted presents....that would have made the perfect companion gift for these notecards!
HMMMM....maybe I will do that when he arrives!


You also might like:
Picture Book List For Baby Shower Gifts
  

Time Saving Gift Wrap Tips and Tricks

Personalized Wedding Shower Candle




17 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a cute and sweet shower "not-a-gift". I love it and so will Mom! Great idea and I LOVE that book. It would make a perfect baby gift. xo Diana

So Very Domestic said...

Super super super cute idea!! I love it!!

Studio Mommy said...

Hi! I’m blog hopping today and I’m following your blog from Tough Cookie Mommy. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Hope your having an awesome day.

Happy Blogging!
April
A Mommy’s Blog Design
Blog Hops Everyday
Review and Giveaway Blog Directory

Shiloh said...

That's a fantastic gift idea! I love the correlation with the book too. It works together really well.

Lisa Park said...

Very cute and creative! Dropping by from the Frugal Living Blog Hop. Stop by Saving Cent by Cent when you have a chance. www.savingcentbycent.blogspot.com.

Jenny said...

That is sooo wonderful!! What a great gift :) I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for linking up with us at Favorite Thing Friday.

Lucy said...

Wow Nice And Awesome Blog And What A Mind Blowing ideas In Your Blog
Heads Off... Thanks for sharing..

Personalized Gifts

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Very creative idea for 'no gift giving'!!! The personalised note cards look fabulous and I'm sure the mum to be loved them. Great gift bag, too! Thanks for linking up...

SV said...

I love how you found the ducks and were able to recreate them so beautifully! So cute!!!! I'm stopping by from the blog hop and happily following you.

I'd love for you to check me out too.

Take care,
Jen
sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Mary, I featured your Personalized Baby Gift today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-features_31.html

Embossed Graphics said...

Nice and amazing blogs. Amazing personalization. I am sure to discuss this with my team.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I like baby shower gift in your blog. baby shower gift

Thanks

Julie

PATRICIA KIMBERLY said...

♥♥♥♥ Personalized Gifts also are a leading seller in the very popular Photo Sports Balls - these are great gifts for coaches and players. Personalized Gifts do many team balls all over the country and offer discounts on larger quantities of any of Personalized Gifts products. ♥♥♥♥

Dynamic Gift said...

What a carefully planned and thought-out present you have there! And the best part is that you made the most out of what you currently have.

Cheese and Pickles said...

You are so creative. That is an absolutely genius idea. I bet you she really appreciated seeing the hard work you went in to put the present together. Well done you. Greatest friend award clearly coming your way.

Angelic Baby Boutique said...

I really like the personalised wedding shower candle. You could even gift it at a baby shower for mum to relax and wind down in the bath tub .

Anonymous said...

These Gifts are absolutely adorable and PERFECT. This would be the perfect personal touch. you can find more with personalized gifts.


Baby Shoes and

Personalized Baby Gifts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...