Monday, December 23, 2013

Decking the Halls-Sweetwater Style!

Christmas Decor Sweetwater Style is all about NOT spending a fortune on beautiful decorations!
I didn't say that I don't spend ANYTHING....but many of my favorite decor items come from....
GOODWILL or as I prefer to call it
Boutique Bon Volanté!

Here are a few of the items gathered from there!


I love Fitz and Floyd....these are all from Bon Volanté....the Sweetwater Daughter has been really lucky...she found the cookie plant and Holly Berry Bowl for less than $5!


If you read Sweetwater Style on a regular basis...you know I collect old Silverplate from GW!
I have this pair of Silver Loving Cups....they are perfect for the poinsettias...
The Holiday Crackers are the perfect color....so nobody gets to crack them and get the goodies!
I think they look great with the bowls of red Christmas balls...
I have bought them over time at GW too!
The pretty red runner is actually 4 place mats I bought for $.99 each (yes....GW)


The mantel decor this year really is all Goodwill!
I just started layering all kinds of sparkly foliage and fruits....
they have been collected from GW over time!
I found some gilded Magnolia leaves and the sparkling grapes this fall....
the wreath has been around for lots of years...


I know I told you about the pears...I laugh when I think that I hesitated buying them because they cost a whopping $7... I just bought some REAL pears for that same amount of money and they don't even look that good!  
The little copper Jingle Bell wreath goes beautifully with the other copper accents. 
I am always on the look out for "special" ornaments that are under a dollar...these are a couple I found!
The strand of glass berries are strung on some thick wire...that makes them easy to arrange.  I wonder how much they would cost in a "real" boutique?


The basket of greens got some illumination when one of the strings of lights was half unlit....no one can see the tangle of unlit bulbs under the greens!
The little twig tree was a find at Bon Volanté (although I did pay $8)...but I knew it would be perfect with the wire chicken!


There aren't  8 of these Reindeer prancing along the bookshelf
.....but they are silver and they were cheap!




Don't you love this little golden "gift box cage"?
It was sitting on the shelf a couple of summers ago....with the ornaments and everything!

The only problem with my favorite boutique....
you can't really order online!
You actually have to go out in the cold and the snow!!!

Now.....I am off to do some last minute shopping.....even though...
the weather out there is frightful!




Have A Wonderful Day!










1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your style and all of the neat things you've found this season. Merry Christmas my friend! Hope you have fun when you're out and about today! Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...