Saturday, April 22, 2017

Tea Towel Wall Art-

We took a quick trip to Florida last week.  Visiting with Mom and two of my brothers was nice.  We also took a little side trip to Clearwater Beach and Dunedin.  The weather was perfect for a heat lover. 80 degrees and sunny.  A taste of summer in April.

I am not much for buying obvious souvenirs when we travel. I like to buy something that reminds me of our trip but doesn't scream...."I bought this on my trip!"



Dunedin is this sweet little town with a whole bunch of little boutiques.  Mr. S gets an "attaboy" for going along....BUT...he has a strategy!  He mostly ambles along and when I go in to a shop....he finds the nearest shady bench to wait!  His excuse for not coming along in is that all the "foo foo juice" smells make him ill!!!

Thistle is a cute shop redolent with "foo foo juice" and lots of very fun stuff.












I fell in love with this tea towel.

I knew it would be the perfect thing to mat and frame for the kitchen.


I have a frame that I use to switch out seasonally.

This is so fresh and summery.



 I had a piece of orange mat that was a nice border for the bright vegetables.  I used spray mount to give the towel a smooth application to the cardboard backing.  The only thing that took time was the fact that this frame is one of those pains to take apart and put back together.  But it went pretty quick to change it out. Now I have a reminder of our trip every time I walk by.

It has a lot of impact for less than $20!  And hey....when I get tired of this....I can always take it out of the frame and dry some dishes!


This project would be so easy to replicate....
Here are some more tea towel inspirations for you.





 The next time you are in a fun little boutique....take time to check out the tea towels.
 Then head to the thrift store for a frame....and you too can have some pretty and inexpensive wall art.

Have A Wonderful Day!


Link Parties
Happiness Is Homemade
Coastal Charm







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...