Thursday, October 18, 2018

How to Make a SCARY Fairy Garden!

We have been traveling for a week or so.....
It seemed too soon to decorate for Halloween before we left, but now it is only 2 weeks away.
I don't do a lot of crazy Halloween decor any more.  We never were the people who filled the yard with gravestones and ghosts.
I do like to do a few things that pay homage to the season.


This is one of my favorites!
I love fairy gardens.....and this one can be enjoyed in the warm comfort of indoors!

AND....almost every component is a thrift store find.





You can create your own "Scary Fairy Garden" or "Ghostly Gnome Home".
These are the components:
  • A large box or basket- this is a wine box/tray that I found at Goodwill.  The aisle with baskets and wood always have great things for good prices.
  • Ceramic houses that are usually in the Christmas decor section at the thrift store.  I painted them with craft paint to look spooky.
  • Small pumpkins are always available at the dollar store.
  • Little ceramic ghosts can be sourced at the thrift store.  You probably have some in your holiday stash.
  • The stone "courtyard" is a piece of tile on mesh that we found at the tile store. A little moss tucked in is a nice addition.
  • The "tree" is some curly willow that is tied together.  A branch from the yard would work well.
  • I added some battery powered twinkle lights wound around the branches.


Easy....
Simple....
Inexpensive....
Just my Sweetwater Style!





Happy Haunting!





















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...