Monday, June 17, 2019

Peony Hack!

It's finally time!
The peonies are blooming!


Okay...We admit to being just a little peony crazy around here.
Maybe 20 plants is a bit of overkill, but each one is special. 


I love using peonies in arrangements.


BUT....

I hate how quickly the blooms fade or fall apart.

I tried this little hack this year and am quite pleased with it.

The trick is to let the glass container support the blooms.
That way the flowers stay together for a lot longer.




















I love the way these colors are enhanced by the glass.

You may remember this vase from the arrangements of tulips using the same technique.











This rose bowl is the perfect way to use the trick.  The Coral Charm and Yellow Garden Treasure blossoms are particularly prone to dropping petals and fading.
These lasted for 4 days in the rose bowl.




Other People....parade pictures of grandchildren or vacations.....
Me....
just a few of my favorite flowers!






It is too bad that they don't last longer.




I wrote a post a while ago about a way to keep some peonies in the refrigerator to extend the season.
Read about that here:  How to Extend the Peony Season










I didn't feel that ambitious this year.  Maybe it is because my plants are blooming later this year and when they are done, there will be lots of other garden blooms to enjoy.

Anyway...I leave you with this thought!


Pinterest



Have A Blooming Great Day!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...